Public Talk by Dr. Lydia Dixon La Protagonista y La Partera: Mexican Midwives and Narratives of Birth and Nation
Mon. November 21st, 4pm, Hesbrgh Center C104
Dr. Rikka Homanen Lecture: Making Valuable Mothers in Publicly Provided Maternity Healthcare:
Assessing Parenthood in Finland, Monday Nov. 7th - 4:00pm - 215 DeBartolo Hall
- Professor Charles Roseman, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign Pattern, Process, and the Anthropological Critique of Race, Friday, Nov. 4th - 11:00am - 306 Hammes Mowbray Hall
- National Fellowship Opportunities in Anthropology Workshop: Wednesday, Oct. 26th – 5:00-6:00pm – Riley Hall 301
- Beyond the Classroom Workshop: Thursday, Oct. 13th - 2:00-3:00pm - 925 Flanner Hall. Learn about internships, field schools, field research, and study abroad opportunities!
- Autumn Anthropology Dinner: Monday, Oct. 10th, 6-7:30pm, Geddes Hall Coffee House, for anthropology faculty, students, and graduate students.
- Graduate School Workshop: Thursday, Oct. 6th - 6:30-7:30pm - 625 Flanner Hall
- Guest Speaker Professor Amanda Veile, University of Purdue, Tuesday, September 20th, 5:00-6:00pm, 125 DeBartolo Hall.
- Guest Speaker Daniel Sheehy, Director and Curator Emeritus of Smithsonian Folkways Recordings, Tuesday September 13th, 5:00-6:00pm, Geddes Hall B36.
- Guest Speaker Professor Tom Boellstorff, UC Irvine, "Compulsive Creativity: Virtual Worlds, Disability, and Digital Capital", Monday, September 12th, 5:00-6:00pm, Geddes Hall B36.
- Anthropology Senior Reception: Saturday, May 14th, 10:00am-12:00pm, McKenna Hall Atrium. For graduating seniors, their guests, and faculty.
- Undergraduate Research Expo: Friday April 22nd, 6th Floor Flanner Hall, 3:00-6:00pm. All are welcomed!
- Lambda Alpha National Honors Society induction night: Thursday, April 21st, 5:30pm-6:30pm, 6th Floor Flanner Hall
- When "The Family" is Not Enough: The Social Surround of Black Evangelical Religious Solidarity, Professor Todne Thomas Chipumuro, The University of Vermont, Wednesday, April 20th - 4:00pm, B034 Geddes Hall.
Stonehenge: New Research, Professor Michael Parker Pearson, Institute of Archaeology, Univ. College London, Friday, April 15th - 3:30pm, Geddes Hall Andrews Auditorium
Una Gabacha Sinverguenza/Shameless White Trash: Migration, Race, and the Indeterminacy of Exlclusion in Talk of Here and There, Professor Hilary Parsons Dick, Arcadia University, April 18th, 4:30pm, Geddes Hall B034
Meet Homo Naledi, the Newest Member of Our Family, Professor Zachary Throckmorton, Lincoln Memorial University, Monday April 4th - 4:30pm, Geddes Hall B034
- Anthropology Majors Night!, Thur, March 31st 4:00-8:00pm, 611 Flanner Hall
The Semiotics of Spelling Bees: Sound, Temporality, Language and Materiality, Professor Shalini Shankar, Northwestern University, March 29th - 5:00pm, DeBartolo Hall 329
Talk by Professor Matthew Johnson Northwestern University, Monday, February 22nd, 4:30pm, 120 DeBartolo
Talk by Professor Marvin D. Sterling, Indiana University Bloomington, Friday, February 19th, 4:15pm
Geddes Hall Andrews Auditorium
Lecture by Prof. Bonnie Clark, University of Denver, January 19, 2016 4:00PM 125 DeBartolo Hall Shadowed Pasts and the Making of Heritage: Historic Archaeology at Amache, a WWII-era Japanese American internment camp