- Faculty and student gathereing, Friday September 4th, 4-5PM on 6th floor Flanner Hall.
Lecture: Tales of the ex-Apes by Prof. Jonathan Marks by Prof. Johathan Marks, Friday June 26, 5:15PM, McKenna Hall room 210-14. Reception to follow.
Senior Reception, Sat May 16, 10:00am-12:00pm, McKenna Hall Atrium. For graduates and their guests.
End of the year Celebration, Wed April 22nd, 4:00-6:00pm, 6th floor Flanner Hall
Lambda Alpha Induction Ceremony, Wed April 22nd, 5:30pm, 6th floor Flanner Hall. Pizza party after the induction. All are welcome!
Undergraduate Research Symposium, Friday, April 10th, 3:00-6:00pm, 6th Floor Flanner Hall
- Fall 2015 Class Registraion Begins April 13th
Lecture by Dr. Laurie Wilkie, Univ. of California, Berkeley: “Defenders of Freedom: The Black Regulars of Fort Davis, Texas, 1867-1882”, Tuesday, 24 March, 5PM, 625 Flanner Hall, Reception to follow in Anthropology Department
Vantage Point: American Style Torture, Tuesday March 25, 7:00pm, Philbin Studio Theatre, DPAC
Upcoming Lecture with Dr. Alex Chávez, Univ. of Notre Dame and Dr. Leo Châvez, Univ. of California-Irvine:Diálogo: Conversations with Mexico: "Migration i Mexico Today: Addressing Issues with Human Rights, Central Americans, and the U.S.-Mexican Border", Monday March 16, 5:00pm, Geddes Hall Coffee House
Anthropology Majors Night with Prof. Torres, Wednesday February 25, 5-7:00pm, 625 Flanner Hall. For students interested in learning more about the Anthropology Major or Minor
Dr. Jason de León, University of Michigan, Monday, February 16th, 12:00pm, C-103 Hesburgh Center: "The Land of Open Graves: Necroviolence and the Politics of Migrant Death in the Arizona Desert".
Prof. Rahul Oka: Integrating Lives and Livelihoods in Northern Kenya: Periodic Shake-Up or a New Paradigm in Refugee and Internally Displaced Persons Settlement?
Tue Feb 10th, 12:30pm, C-103 Hesburgh Center
Vantage Point, Hosted by Prof. AgustÍn Fuentes to Air on WVPE Sunday, February 1st at 12:00pm
Guest speaker Dr. Kristina Wirtz, Western Michigan University, Friday, January 23rd, 4:00pm, 306 Hammes Mowbray Hall: "What the Revolution Will Not Televise: Routes of Blackness in Santiago de Cuba's Carnivalesque"
Study Abroad Workshop with Prof. Torres, Mon, Nov 3, 5-6pm, 6th Floor Flanner Hall
Study Abroad Workshop with Prof. Torres, Mon, Oct. 13, 6-7pm, 6th Floor Flanner Hall (pizza provided)
Study Abroad Workshop with Prof. Torres, Tue Oct. 7, 5-6pm, 6th Floor Flanner Hall
Conference on childhood development featuring Prof. Lee Gettler, Tuesday, September 30, McKenna Hall Auditorium, 10:30am-12:30pm: "The Socioendocrinology of Parenthood: Evolution, Culture, and Development"
Alisse Waterston: Story and Scholarship in Intimate Ethnography: My Father's Wars, Mon Sept 29, 5pm, Geddes Hall Auditorium
Fieldwork Workshop with Prof. Torres, Mon, Sept 22, 6-7pm, 6th Floor Flanner Hall (sub sandwiches provided)
Graduate School Workshop with Prof. Torres, Mon, Sept 15, 6-7pm, 6th Floor Flanner Hall (pizza provided)
Lecture presented by Prof. Ian Kuijt: "The Empty Chair by the Hearth: Archaeological Insights into Irish-America", Saturday, Sept. 6, 2014; 4pm-5:30pm in the Annenberg Auditorium, Snite Museaum of Art
- 2014 Senior Reception & Awards, Saturday May 17th, McKenna Hall Lobby Atrium, 10:00am-12:00pm. Graduates and their families are welcome!
- Conference on Human Nature(s) Moving Us Forward, April 3rd-5th.
- Cyber Shadows Book Launch, Tuesday April 8th, Hammes ND Bookstore Back Cafe, 4:30pm. Come to the bookstore on April 8th for a book signing and launch by Notre Dame's very own Anthropology major Lisa Carlson and Professor Carolyn Nordstrom.
- Lambda Alpha Dinner, Thursday April 24th, 6th Floor Flanner Hall, 6:00pm. New Lambda Alpha inductees and current members are welcome.
- 2014 Undergraduate Research Exposition, Friday April 25th, 6th Floor Flanner Hall. Poster presentations from 3-6:00pm and oral presentations from 5-6:00pm. All are welcome!
- Anthropology Majors Night with Prof. Torres, Tuesday March 25th 5-7:00pm, 621 Flanner Hall. For students interested in learning more about the Anthropology Major or Minor.
- Internship Orientation with Prof. Torres, Monday, February 17th 9-9:30am & 6:-6:30pm, 621 Flanner Hall. Learn about exclusive internship possibilities with the Field Museum in Chicago and the Smithsonian Institute in Washington D.C.
- Prof. AgustÍn Fuentes to speak at TEDxUND 2014, Tuesday, January 21st, 8:30am-1:00pm, DPAC
- Guest Speaker Prof. Audrey Horning, Thursday December 5th, 2013, 3:30-4:30pm, Geddes B-034
- Study Abroad Workshop with Professor Torres, Wednesday November 6, 2013, 6:30pm, 6th Floor Flanner Hall
- Kauffman Endowment Series Guest Speaker Dr. Mary Weismantel, Northwestern University, Wednesday November 6, 2013, 3:30pm B001 Geddes Hall
- Kauffman Endowment Series Guest Speaker Dr. Claire Wendland, University of Wisonsin-Madison, Monday November 4, 2013, 12:45pm 310 DeBartolo
- Anthropology Dept. Faculty & Student Froyo!, September 27, 2013, 5:00PM-6:00pm, 6th Floor Flanner Hall
- Study Abroad Workshop with Professor Torres, September 25, 2013, 6:30pm 306 Hammes Mowbray Hall
- Lecture: Futurescapes of the Southeastern Late Archaic by Dr. Kenneth Sassaman, Tuesday, September 24, 2013
- Beyond the Classroom Workshop with Professor Torres, September 18, 2013, 6:30pm, 306 Hammes Mowbray Hall
- Graduate School Workshop with Professor Torres, September 11, 2013 6:30pm 306 Hammes Mowbray Hall
- New Book Launch: Shaping the Motherhood of Indigenous Mexico by Prof. Vania Smith Oka Thursday, September 12, 2013 4:00pm, Hesburgh Center C103
- Lecture: "Refugees and Asylum Seekers: What are our obligations?" Carole Nagengast, Professor Emerita, Department of Anthropology, University of New Mexico, Thursday, April 25, 2013
- Lecture: "How Race Becomes Biology: Genes, Environments, and Health" Clarence Gravlee, Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology, University of Florida, Tuesday, March 26, 2013
- Lecture: "The Modern Project in Light of Human Evolution" Dr. Robert N. Bellah, Professor of Sociology, University of California at Berkeley, Tuesday, March 19, 2013
- Lecture: "The Archaeology of the Ancient Swahili: Trade, Islam, & The Indian Ocean World" Dr. Jeffrey Fleisher, Anthropology, Rice University, Thursday, March 7, 2013
- Lecture: “Genesis of Symbolic Thought”Alan Barnard, Social Anthropology School of Social & Political Science University of Edinburgh, February 19, 2013
- Harvest Party Nov. 9, 2012, 4-6pm, Coleman Morse
- Meet and Greet Ice Cream Social, Sept. 14, 2012, 4-6pm, Hesburgh Library Concourse